In keeping with the "M theme" the school holidays could only be described as "moist". With all the rain it was not an easy task keeping peace in our household with bad cases of "cabin fever" being experienced by most members of the family. The first week of the holidays was filled with the Southern Tasmanian Dancing Eisteddfod with Gabby and I making 6 trips for her performances and Hannah and I making 2. I started out full of enthusiasm but by the 5th or 6th trip I was kind of over it. When I wasn't being a dancing taxi I was at work while Brooke held the fort as he was on holiday. There was plenty of Monopoly played and movies watched as the weather was so bad no-one could get outside.

By the time the long weekend came around we were desperate to get out of the house so joined the Bartels family at Cambridge for some mini golf. We were lucky enough to have reasonable weather for most of the day but the heavens opened just before the last few holes and of course our determined golfers got soaked!



The second week brought more of the same weather so, again the Monopoly got a work out and I showed my sons who was boss at the Monopoly table (needless to say that was the last game played for the holidays). On Thursday we enjoyed a trip to the movies with the Bartels family. The girls saw Hannah Montana and the boys went and saw Night at the Museum 2. This of course was followed up by the traditional trip to Maccas on the way home.
Brady and Kieran enjoyed a sleep-over at Nan and Fardie's new house and had a great time getting muddy riding the motor-bike in the paddock
By the end of the holidays I think everyone was ready to go back to school - armed with a pep-talk about avoiding swine flue and some hand sanitiser!!
No comments:
Post a Comment