A startling discovery happened for my kids about three weeks ago. NAN IS NOT INVINCIBLE. Now anyone who knows my mother knows that she moves at the speed of light in every possible direction from dawn until dusk. This all came crashing down recently when in the line of duty at work (believe it or not) she was chasing lambs and her foot went one way and her leg went another.
I just happened to ring her from work to see if she wanted to go to Kingston for a drive when I picked the kids up from school. "How are you" I said to her. "Well, I don't really know" she said. I thought that was a bit of a weird answer and asked her what she meant. She proceeded to tell me she had fallen at work and that her ankle was "a bit sore" and "maybe I should go to the Doctor". This must be serious I thought to myself as she NEVER wants to go to the doctor and most things can be cured by rubbing lavender oil on them. I told her I would come straight up and take her to the Doctor. I had to leave her at the surgery while I went and picked my kids up off the bus.
So the kids get off the bus and I tell them that Nan is at the Doctors surgery and we think she has broken her ankle. Stunned silence!! "Nan???" they all say..."she's hurt herself???" Everybody is amazed! Then Jorgia says to me "you mean our actual Nanny Sharon???". No-one could get their head around it. Nan is never sick, she never hurts herself. NAN IS INVINCIBLE!!
The end result is that she now has a beautiful purple fibreglass cast which will remain on for six weeks. Jordan and Gabby went with me to visit her the night of her injury and Jordan's comment to her was that "if you move at that speed it is inevitable that eventually you will sustain an injury"!!!
2 comments:
oh no your poor mum. How horrible for her to have to travel at such a slow speed now! I think this is the universe's way of slowing her down for a while.
LOL... this is a funny story!!! Although I am sorry to hear that it was broken... poor thing! i don't think it will slow Sharon down though!!!
Post a Comment