Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Botanical Gardens


Because the weather was so beautiful we decided to take a trip to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy the sunshine (and for me to use my camera which I hadn't had a chance to use for weeks!). We met the Bartels family there and Tamara was hoping that I might be able to get a couple of photos of her kids too.

The tulip festival had been last week so we were hoping to see those in full bloom. There were still some left but they were past their best. The best display we saw was at the sun-dial which had them planted around it. The kids all stood up on the stones around it and Jorgia told everyone that it was "half-past yellow".

We visited the ducks and were treated to the sight of a mother duck and her three cute, fluffy ducklings. We walked right through the gardens and ended up at the Japanese Garden which the kids really enjoyed. I couldn't believe how busy it was and it was a bit hard to get any photos because there were always people around. But it was lovely to get out of the house and enjoy such a beautiful day!

Jorgia with her green hair

2 comments:

Hannah Challis said...

Lovely photos Kelly, it is kinda hard to take them though when there are people around getting in your way!! I hate standing there while people wait for you to take a picture too!!!

Blanche said...

The tulips look gorgeous in that photo Kelly. What a beautiful background.