Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christmas and beyond....

I have been so slack with the blogging. After the crazy build up to Christmas I am just having too much fun spending time with my kids and not going to work!!  We had a great Christmas with lunch at my Mum and Dad's house with Adam and Rachael and kids.  Before Christmas we got the nine grandchildren together and had a photo to give the grandparents for Christmas.  This was no small achievement.  I think I took about 60 photos of them and I got one that worked (I guess in the end that is all I needed)  It is so hard to get nine children all looking in the one direction, not fighting (Brady and Jordan!!) and all looking reasonably happy.  Here is the result....
After lunch we had time to go home and relax for a couple of hours and then head around to Blackmans Bay for tea at Taya and Simon's house (my niece and her partner) with the Lovell side of the family.
Hannah on Christmas morning
Jorgia with a little friend
Hannah during the compulsory Lovell Christmas cricket match

We were home fairly early and had a relaxing night.  I think I may have even gone to bed early and started one of my christmas books (which must be a record).  As usual I got to the end of the day and realised that I hadn't taken many photos at all - note to myself to do better next year!
As much as I love Christmas it is the week after Christmas that I love the best - when everyone is still on holiday - long days filled with great weather (most of the time), no schedules and no plans, trips to the beach and park, barbecues with friends and endless swimming in the pool.  We had quite a few trips to Roaring Beach at Dover as we didn't get our pool up until just into the New Year.

The Bartels family joined us for quite a few of these activities and we had a great day at the beach two days after Christmas.

1 comment:

Bride said...

i had a bit of catching up on your blog kelly!
Can't believe Jordan turned 18 already? wow! It was such a lovely post and he seems like such a nice boy.
We love camping too. Your holiday sounds fantastic. Everyone looked like they had so much fun and was so relaxing.
I think it's these holidays that are the best and remembered the most.
Our most memorable holiday was last Easter, camping on the foreshore of Rosebud. It was our cheapest holiday- but we all say "the best"
We have booked to go back again this Easter too!