Monday, May 25, 2009

So...this is us

I have been wanting to write a blog for our family for a while. Not that we have any family interstate or overseas to keep up to date but more for ourselves - a kind of diary - so that we can look back and see what we were doing and how everyone has grown and changed. So I guess I should introduce the members of the Lovell family so that we have a starting point in time.

Brooke and I who, unfortunately, are camera-shy or on the other side of the camera so no current photos available. Brooke works full-time for Wattyl Paints and has been working in the paint industry for about 18 years. He coaches youth teams in both cricket and football and in his small amounts of spare time enjoys chilling out in front of the TV and computer and working in the yard.

I work at Nest Property Huon Valley in administration and also as a part-time Property Consultant and love it. I have spent many years at home as a stay-at-home mum and have re-entered the workforce now that Jorgia (our youngest child) has started full-time school. Sometimes the juggling act is a little tricky but we work it out as we go along. In the rare times that I get some spare time I enjoy reading or watching a good movie but most of the time I am happy spending time with my family.


Jordan is 17 years old and currently in Year 12 at Hobart College and hoping to be able to scrape up enough TCE points to study medicine next year. He is a fantastic sportsman and has represented the State in Athletics, Football and Cricket. Currently in the Mariners squad for National Under 18 Championships and playing for North Hobart seniors in the Tasmanian Statewide League. Unfortunately, due to injury he has only been able to play one game this season and is side-lined indefinitely. Is a self-described "deli boy" at Woolworths Huonville and is enjoying the independence of having his own car.



Gabrielle is almost 16 years old. She is in year 10 at Huonville High School and is the S.R.C President. Plays Netball in the Under 17 Huon side at Creek Road on Saturday mornings and dances (and teaches) at Rhythmic Dance Centre. She has a beautiful singing voice and is currently putting the finishing touches on her first recording. Another Woolworths employee but on the check-out.


Brady is 14 and is our resident Mr Fix-it and can usually come up with a solution to any mechanical/electrical problem that our household has. He is great at tinkering with machinery and loves riding motor-bikes and driving cars (paddock-bashing). He also loves riding his bike and can often be seen between Glen Huon and Huonville with his mates on their bikes. Brady is not what you would call a dedicated scholar and school is mostly a social occasion.


Kieran is 12 years old and is the quietest member of the whole household. He has a lovely easygoing nature and just cruises around staying out of trouble. He is a maths, spelling and reading whiz and has a great group of friends at school. Kieran is great at sport especially football and cricket but enjoys any sport and spends most of his time with either a football, cricket ball, soccer ball or basketball. His passion at the moment is football card collecting and it is a great time of year for bribery.





Hannah is 10 years old and loves school and being with her friends. She has started playing Netball this year and is loving it. She also dances at Rhythmic Dance Centre and has a sweet singing voice. She is a happy, helpful member of our family.




Jorgia is 6 years old and is the "baby" of our family. That also means that she is the unofficial boss of the household as anyone who is the youngest in a big family would know. Jorgia loves school and learning to read and having her own friends. She has a great sense of humour and we are constantly laughing at the things she comes out with. Jorgia is enjoying her first year of dancing and did Little Athletics last season as well.

So you now know who the Lovell family are and hopefully will enjoy reading about our adventures in the pages of this blog.

3 comments:

jolly arora said...

ur blog pictures is very beautiful

why just park...
Linux Help Discussion forum

Ange Carmichael said...

Wow wow wow so much to read yay!!! Thanks for the invite, it all looks fab and looks like you have the hang of your new camera too...will come back and have a read through after dinner and when kids are in bed ;)

Blanche said...

just read through your blog. I had a little chuckle reading about you wanting a sister. I have one but I used to wish it was you!!! I have, over the years, appreciated the sister I 'really' have. Your photos are looking great, We can compare notes maybe??? I've only had my camera for about 5 months so I'm a real beginner. Isn't it fun though?