Monday, July 27, 2009

Football


The season is almost over so I took the opportunity on Sunday to take some more photos of Kieran's football. With only one more game to go Brooke's Under 12 team have really improved. He does such a great job with them. I love seeing their faces when he praises them and how proud they look and the way they light up. Kieran loves his footy and I love watching him. He is so naturally talented that it is a joy to watch him play. He dreams of playing AFL football and every weekend he becomes a student of the game watching every minute on TV. I think that is some of the reason why he has such a good understanding of the game and it has become one of his great strengths as a footballer. He measures himself on the door frame just to check if he is growing because up until this year he has been quite short (I think he is finally having his growth spurt though). The great thing about Kieran is that if he thinks that he has a weakness in any area in any sport that he plays he will go and work on it. This year he has been working hard on using the other side of his body and he has been outside constantly kicking on his left foot and practising his handball. During the season he has used his new skills on the football field so that he can now kick just as well on his left foot as he can on his right foot. The other thing that I love about him is that even though he is exceptionally talented he is a great unselfish team player. So well done Kieran on a great football season...maybe when you become an AFL player you can look back on this post that your proud Mum wrote about you when you were just an Under 12 footballer!

No comments: