About three months ago Jorgia came home from school and told me that her little friend Georgia had some magic fairy dust and that she was going to bring it the next day. Apparently if you sprinkled the magic fairy dust onto your head and made a wish it would come true in 20 days. Well I didn't think any more of it but the next day she came home from school and said that they had used the fairy dust and that she had wished for a puppy! I hoped that she would forget (but I kind of knew she wouldn't as she remembers everything!) Well, of course more than 20 days went by (luckily even though she does remember everything she doesn't have that great a concept of time) and no puppy appeared. One morning while we were driving to school she was sitting in the back seat thinking and said "Mum has it been 20 days yet?". I knew what was coming. What to answer? While I was thinking Gabby said that yes it had been more than 20 days to which Jorgia replied that "the magic was hopeless". I then had to explain that maybe the magic hadn't worked yet because Winter is not a very good time to get a new puppy and that maybe it would be better in the Spring or Summer so that she could play outside with it. So now I have backed myself into a corner.....the magic needs to produce a puppy in Summer or Jorgia's belief in all things magical will be shattered!
We had actually been thinking about getting her a pet for quite a while. Her and Gabby are the ones out of all of the children who really love animals. The only pet Jorgia has ever had is a goldfish who, unfortunately, went the way of all goldfish a few weeks ago. She was devastated and sobbed her heart out. I got her a replacement a week or so ago and she was quite happy. The goldfish live in Brady's room and he looks after them and feeds them. He had to go away to Launceston for a camp last week and Jorgia was in charge of looking after them. One night her and Hannah went in to feed them and Jorgia came out crying and nearly incoherent. Hannah had growled her because rather than put some fish food in with her fingers she had tipped the container and a little bit much had gone into the fish tank. I managed to get the story out of Jorgia finally who said while sobbing "now the fish are going to die because I am such a bad parent". I calmed her down but I was thinking to myself - give me strength when the magical puppy comes!!
Here she is at football with someone's puppy that she kidnapped
1 comment:
What a cute little story! all kids need a puppy, looks as if your girls will love one too!
Post a Comment