









18 years ago, funnily enough, I was just 18 myself and about to embark on the richest, most fulfilling, most challenging role of my life....motherhood. My baby boy turned 18 last month. I can't believe how those years have flown. It only seems like yesterday that they handed me that precious bundle in the hospital and a lifelong love affair started. There have been many ups and downs, joys and triumph, heartache and sorrow in those 18 years. I couldn't ask for a better son. Aside from the most obvious of his talents at sport and at school I am proud that we have raised a wonderful son who is compassionate, respectful, loving, grateful, funny, kind and many other wonderful things. Its not easy to put into words how I feel about the journey so far. I haven't always had all the answers or known what to do and, as with most eldest children, I have often been "winging it" and hoped for the best. As we have moved into the teenage years we have kept the lines of communication open and are very honest with each other even though sometimes we might not want to hear what each other has to say.
The hardest thing for me after all these years is accepting that my baby is no longer a baby and knowing that I need to take a step back as he becomes more independent and starts along a journey all of his own. Happy 18th Birthday Jordan.....I love you so much and am prouder of you than words can express xx
3 comments:
Precious!!
I think you're a fabulous Mum Kelly, you ought both be very proud. x
what a lovely post. Happy 18th Jordan. You should be proud Kelly, Jordan is a wonderful young man! Boy that sounds weird, I can't believe that so much time has passed.
18!!! Wow - i just can't believe how time passes by so quickly! I'm sure it wasn't that many years ago I was up there baby sitting Jordan and Gabby - reading them books!!!! Lovely photos!
Post a Comment