Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gabby the Adventurer

As I write this blog Gabby is at Mount Hotham, Victoria enjoying a school ski trip with her friends. They left on Sunday morning and will arrive back on Saturday night. She is having a great time and says that she could probably stay another week. One of the things that I really love about Gabs is that even though some things might scare the life out of her she still has a go and does them anyway.

She recently went rafting down the Picton River on a school trip. She was undecided right up until the day before the trip was scheduled about whether she was going to go or not and she was feeling quite apprehensive about it. In the end she decided that she would go and she came home at the end of the day and told me that it was the best day of her life!

When I was Gabby's age I was scared of everything (still am actually). I am glad that she doesn't let her fear get in the way of trying new experiences and I know her life will be all the richer because of it!

Gabby with her friends Gabby and Kate before the adventure began

2 comments:

Blanche said...

good on her! I wish I had been more adventurous when I was her age too. It's good to grab those opportunities that come your way - you never know where they may lead.

Ange Carmichael said...

Wow, what an awesome school trip to get to go on!